FRANKFORT — A Prestonsburg man will serve as the new president of the Kentucky Oil and Gas Association.
Doug Hyden, general manager of The Kinzer Companies, was elected president July 11 for a two-year term. Hyden has been with The Kinzer Companies for 12 years and previously served as president-elect and vice president of KOGA.
KOGA was formed in 1931 to represent the interests of Kentucky’s crude oil and natural gas industry, and more particularly, the independent crude oil and natural gas operators.
Other officers elected to lead KOGA include:
- President Elect – Rudy Vogt, Partner & Geologist Cumberland Valley Resources, LLC.
- Regional Vice Presidents – Rick Bender, Vice President – Land & Administration BlackRidge Resource Partners; Jerry Howard, Vice President Boss Cementing; William T. Jones, President Merit Gas & Oil, Inc. and Jim Rode, President & Chief Executive Officer Core Minerals Operating Co., Inc.
- Secretary – Nan Hamilton, Vice President Origination Stand Energy Corporation.
- Treasurer – Mark J. Hughes, President Mark J. Hughes & Associates, LLC.
- Immediate Past President – Jed Weinberg, Chief Operating Officer Hayden Harper Energy KA, LLC.
The current members of the Board of Directors are Maribeth Anderson, Chesapeake Energy; Maverick Bentley, EQT; Wesley Cate, Fireborn Energy; Bill Collins, CountryMark Refining & Logistics, LLC; Michael Conley, KRCC Oil & Gas LLC; Scott Gilbert, Monteagle Oil & Gas; Will Graham, Cumberland Valley Resources, LLC; George Heflin, EQT; John Henderson, Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC; Derek Hina, Universal Well Service; Zachary Hughes, Mark J. Hughes & Associates, LLC; Virginia Lazenby, Bretagne LLC; Tara Shumate Lee, Triana Energy; Brent McDaniel, BlackRidge Resource Partners; P. Lindsey Nichols, Nichols Energy Consultants, LLC; Bryan Reynolds, Sullivan Mountjoy Stainback & Miller; Dennis Rohrer, Crossrock Drilling, Inc.; Lauren Rorrer, Quality Natural Gas, LLC; Maurice Royster, EQT and Richard Straeter, Continental Resources.