Ralph B. Davis email@example.com
May 1, 2014
PRESTONSBURG — A woman with a history as a sex offender has been indicted by a Floyd County grand jury on new charges of rape, sodomy and sexual abuse.
Virginia Marie Neff, 25, whose current address with the Kentucky Sex Offender Registry is listed as a correctional center in Louisville, was indicted this week on two counts of first-degree sexual abuse, two counts of third-degree sodomy, two counts of third-degree rape, and a single count of second-degree persistent felony offender.
Few details about the case are available, after it was sealed by orders of Circuit Judge Johnny Ray Harris. However, according to the Sex Offender Registry, Neff was originally convicted of sexual abuse of 13- and 14-year-old victims.
Neff is scheduled to make her first appearance in court on the new charges June 12.
Neff was one of 13 people indicted this week. Others facing charges include:
• Linzie J. Lowe, 43, manufacturing methamphetamine, first-degree persistent felony offender.
• Chad P. Reed, 24, manufacturing methamphetamine.
• Debra L. Hall, 41, manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Alisha Blackburn, 21, four counts of unlawful distribution of a meth precursor.
• Summer Stanley, 19, two counts of unlawful distribution of a meth precursor.
• David Blackburn, 23, four counts of unlawful distribution of a meth precursor.
• Charles D. Smith, 38, third-degree burglary, first-degree criminal mischief, theft by unlawful taking, first-degree persistent felony offender.
• Dustin S. Brown, 31, first-degree assault, first-degree wanton endangerment, first-degree unlawful imprisonment, first-degree criminal mischief, second-degree criminal mischief, unauthorized use of motor vehicle
• Thomas E. Shepherd, 39, first-degree promoting contraband.
• Donald E. Leckrone, 54, manufacturing methamphetamine, tampering with physical evidence, second-degree persistent felony offender.
• Matthew S. Parsons, 23, manufacturing methamphetamine, first-degree wanton endangerment, resisting arrest.
• Carter Richie, 48, receiving stolen property.