By: Jimmie E. SloneBusiness and Community LiaisonCarl D Perkins Job Corps Center
March 19, 2013
Big Sandy Area Community Action Program (BSACAP) will be issuing garden seed vouchers – to be used to purchase seeds/plants – to eligible households from April 1 through April 5 or until funds are exhausted. The vouchers provide an excellent opportunity for people to supplement their income by means of a vegetable garden that will supply fresh produce for eating and canning.
Household eligibility for the Garden Project is determined by federal poverty guidelines. Applicants must provide Social Security numbers for all household members and verify the prior month’s income as well as their address.
Applications will be accepted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at BSACAP’s service offices, listed below:
• Floyd County – 60 Court Street, Allen, (606) 874-3595
• Johnson County – 230 Court Street, Paintsville, (606) 789-6515
• Magoffin County – 131 South Church Street, Salyersville, (606) 349-2217
• Martin County – Roy F. Collier Community Center, Inez, (606) 298-3217
• Pike County – 478 Town Mountain Road, Pikeville, (606) 432-2775
Interested vendors can request an application by calling (606) 789-3641.
The Garden Project is made possible through funding from the Community Services Block Grant and the Cabinet for Health and Family Services.